The objective of this case study is to perform the speed control of a separately excited DC motor (figure 1) using fuzzy logic controller (FLC). The controller will be designed based on the expert knowledge of the system. For the proposed dc motor case, we recommend 7 fuzzy rules for fuzzy logic controller.
Taking field flux as Ø and back EMF constant as Kφ .
Equation fot back emf motor will be: Eb = Kφω , Torque: Tm = Jm(dω/dt)+TL and Tm = KφIa
ω is the angular velocity (speed) and friction in rotor of motor is very small (can be neglected) so Bm = 0. Armature time constant : Ta = La/Ra
1) Plot the block diagram of separately excited dc motor based on Laplace transformations of the motor’s armature voltage and balance torque.
2) Define the required fuzzy controller inputs and outputs. Then complete this diagram:
3) Deduce the structure of the fuzzy logic controller with closed loop (synopsis of all system with fuzzy controller).
4) Represent membership functions for inputs and output variables.
Input 1 range: [-1 1]
Input 2 range: [- 1 1]
Output range: [-30 30].
5) Enunciate the 7 “if-then” rules necessary for separately excited dc motor speed control.
6) What is the inference system type used here? Is there another type ?
7) What is the contribution (benefits) of fuzzy logic in comparison with a conventional PID controller for these case studies?
Part 2: Fuzzy controller implementation
We want to implement the proposed fuzzy controller under Matlab Simulink fuzzy logic toolbox.
1) What is the instruction to type on matlab to start the fuzzy logic toolbox?
2) Comment and give the output of every line of code in Matlab :