Let’s consider a fixed speed wind turbine of 300 kW with the following parameters:
- Blades diameter (2R): 28 m
- Nominal wind speed V: 14 m/s
- Nominal rotational speed of the turbine rotor N turbine: 43 rpm
- Gearbox multiplication ratio: 35; In addition, the air density is 1.225 kg/m3.
- What parameters should be taken into account when choosing and installing a wind turbine ?
- Calculate the value of the wind turbine’s power coefficient Cp at the nominal operating point.
- Calculate the specific speed λ=R×Ω/V of the wind turbine. Conclude about the wind turbine type (rapid or slow). (Ω: Nominal rotational speed of the turbine rotor in rad/s).
- What is the rated speed N of the generator rotor?